Friday, October 3, 2008

on a happy note

Some pretty good things have been happening. On Tuesday, Sam came into town!!!! She was quite terrified because they had to just cruise over Miami because there was a storm, so the plane couldnt actually land. Then she went to get her luggage with Brent(I was working so I couldn't go to pick her up with him)... and they wouldn't unload it off the plane because they said that there was lightening 10 miles away. So we also had to pay for parking, but needless to say around 8-9... Sam and Brent arrived and I was very excited. Then on Wednesday I adopted a kitty. She is a black and white kitten, and I named her Carly(after my friend). I know there are expenses that come with having a pet, but I also know that the best me and Brent can do, is a lot better than a cage. Needless to say she makes us laugh 24/7 and all three of us are so glad she is here(even Brent). He loves her. Then yesterday night Sam had her first beach experience in Florida, we all went to the beach till it got dark and had fun. Then we got home to see the kitty and we could not find her for like 20 minutes. And she doesn't meow. Literally does not meow. So here we are FREAKING OUT about in tears because we had searched every damn cabinet in this house, every crack and could not find her... we even checked the frig and outside. Then we checked the frig again and when Sam closed it, it let her loose... she had gotten stuck in between the frig and the wall in this crack I didn't think she could possibly fit in. We were all so grateful. So we stuffed the small space with plastic grocery bags so she wouldn't think she could get in there again. Then we all played a game of cards and went to bed. We have been having slumber parties in the living room. My friend gave us her sectional couch with a sleeper in it and we arent letting the kitty in the bedrooms yet because it is carpetted in there, so basically we are camping out with her. Sam mans the couch and me and Brent sleep on the pull out. It has been good. We love her, she constantly plays and jumps and she is just a ton of fun. So yeah, it has been good. My grandparents are coming into town today!!! How exciting. They are spending the night down here and then we are going to there place from Saturday-Sunday. My friend Crystal is coming to check on kitty over the weekend. So I am excited.... thats the daily update. Sorry for everybody who said we are responsible people who are waiting to get animals, I am a softy.
love you miss you, peace angelia.

3 comments:

Lori said...

You're right Leah. The best you & Brent have is SO MUCH better than what could happened to her at the shelter. Take care of that little one. She's lucky to have you!

Lori said...

Hey Sam!
Where is YOUR blog?????

diane said...

Hey guys - your little kitty sounds so cute. I hope you have better luck than last time. Have a great time with Connie and Brad and we will see you soon!