Monday, June 30, 2008

Brent's First post

ello!
Today Leah got this idea for us to create a blog. My first reaction was that i don't want a diary, but once I thought about it I figured it might help me keep in contact with a few people that I miss a lot even on my first day away. Also, I'm sure our family would like to see what we're up to so we're going to try to keep updating with pictures of brent and Leah's (gill and dill's) amazing adventures.
Currently we are in Santee, South Carolina. We really loved being able to get out of the car and stretch our legs, but this town isn't anything to get excited over. The restuarants are a little dirty and our motel smells awkward. I want to get out of here asap and get on our way to florida again so I think we're going to wake up butt early again tomorrow. We have lots of things to keep us busy when we're not driving including job searching and lining up our classes for the fall semester. Today, I realized that I forgot my usb cable to upload pictures to my computer with my camera. I'm a little bummed because now I can't upload all the wedding pictures until I get a new cord.
This post is a trial run to see if blogging is anything more than writing to yourself about nothing. I want comments! and questions!
I miss everyone tons. and I love you guys.
-brent, numbero uno

6 comments:

Lori said...

I am busting out of myself that you two have a blog. I commented earlier on Leah's post when I was at my sister's house. I spent the day there today because I knew my nephew, TJ, would make my heart happy which he did. Anyway, we all miss you & Leah TERRIBLY. Last night I cried myself to sleep over the little things that I did & do with my parents that we won't be able to do with you two: drop off surprise groceries, plants, magazines, PIES; invite you over for dinner at the drop of a hat, stop in to see you whenever we are missing you, & the list goes on. My tears are for those things that I just can't do with you. To say that I am proud of you both would be an understatement. I know we will all miss you here, but I know how much you are growing there. We love you both!

Connie said...

Hi Brent, So glad to hear that you are both safe and sound. I agree that Santee is no great place but its an easy on and off of 95.
Get lots of rest and have a safe trip tomarrow. Love you guys, Grammy

Anonymous said...

Hey Brent...

Keep up the blogging! Even if you just have to push Leah to do it and you don't wanna.

Glad you're safe...sorry the hotel "stinks"...

Julie said...

I LOVE that you two have a blog so that I can stalk you over the internet when I am procrastinating and learn about your new life and adventures in Florida!!! I love you guys and miss you... Post again soon! :)

Shell said...

Here's your comment :) Glad all is well! Get some sun for me!

Lori said...

Okay, don't you know the rules about blogging????? You HAVE to blog EVERY DAY so your mom doesn't worry. Totally kidding!! I am excited to see your next post since Leah said it's about your house!!! FUN! Can't wait! Miss you guys!