Tuesday, September 2, 2008

an update from leah.

so basically heres life guys.
I currently work at the vet full time and love it. I love the animals and the job does not suck at all compared to Macy's clothing. I mean its not a cake walk, but I like to learn new things so learning about the animals and medicines is something I enjoy and hope to do more of. I feel like I am actually accomplishing something by working there, rather than organizing clothes, which quite frankly makes you feel like a pretty big POS if you ask me. And on the subject of Macy's, I did finally decide to the job, except in fragrances... the comisssion is different there. Basically in clothes you got paid 9 an hour to sell 1700 in clothes. Anything extra you sold (which barely ever happens) you get 5%. In fragrances you get paid a base hourly of 7 dollars. Then you make 3% on everything you sell. And its nicer in that department because instead of fighting over customers, basically you have an alternating system, its just every other person rings the next sales. So its always ends equal. My first day part time was Sunday, I worked 11-7 and sold 1565 so I made like 13 an hour with my comission. Its worth the money. And they work around the vet, and they are letting me off the week my parents are coming into town... so i will only be working the vet that week. I am happy about that one. Sooo.. and I went on a diet. Not a unrealistic one, but I eat salad for lunch and don't drink soda. I also joined Gold's Gym, which is in the same plaza as my job at the vets office. I am so relieved... it feels so good to be trying to get in shape. It buils my confidence. And they have all these free classes that are way better than the YMCA, there is no signup... You just show up on time and take classes. So I like it, when I got off the vet office today I took a class called PUMP. It kicked my ass, and I can barely move. So I guess thats a good thing. The rest of this week is crazy for me though. heres the schedule.
Wednesday- 8-5 at the vet 530-930 at Macys
Thursday- 8-830 at the vet
Friday- 8-5 at the vet and 530- 930 at Macys.
Saturday = Macys
Sunday = Macys
So I dont forecast any days off for me pretty much until my parents come into town, then I will have off weekends because I wont be working Macys. So thats life for now. I will post as soon as I can, but my time is pretty limited. So love you miss you peace. angelia.

6 comments:

sam said...

sam is coming to party in florida in 27 days...just thought you should know!!!!!!!

Jess and the KIDS!!!! said...

Lia,
I am glad to hear that things are going well in florida. You are busy but you should be use to that by now!!!! love reading your blog.
take care, Jess and kids

Benjamin said...

im putting in for my days off tonight..if i remember that is...heh...i should...that will give me some bit of relief...i am coming(:

diane said...

Leah - you are a workaholic!! Am glad your parents are visiting so you can take a break.

Take care, and don't work too hard.

Love, Diane

sam said...

frill is now coming to party with dill and gill in florida in 22 days!!...yay i so cant wait to quit my job i never wanna see another chicken or turkey as long as i live... and mr brent needs to blog more

Lori said...

Poor Sam! I just read her turkey comment & it was so hilarious. REASON: she just came to stay for a few days & the first day here I made TURKEY!! Then Lonnie said, "Oh great! Sam's here & she can carve the turkey." I have to admit when you sweetly said yes, I had this small inclination that you were not completely happy. Remember when I said, "Sam, you didn't go vegetarian on us did you?" I sensed something, but did not know what it was. Sam of course being the POLITE child that she is: JUST SMILED :) :) :) Gotta love that girl!!!