Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Brent

working conditions seem like they get worse and worse everyday at panera. Today around 1 pm we ran out of lettuce, strawberries, turkey, and some other small things (running out of key ingredients seems to happen often lately). Our computers kept crashing and when they finally reboot they don't operate properly. Since we (the hourly associates) are the ones usually dealing with the customers we have to take the heat from angry people that can't and don't get what they want. I started at target in electronics on sunday. Im in training right now, but the job seems alright. While I was working I saw some demos playing for the ps3. The games were mostly war games, and the graphics were amazing. I saw some really cool racing games for it, and I realized that it also plays blu-ray discs. I really want a ps3 now.

We talked to sam a couple days ago, and she found out from one of her friends that works at the movie theatre that the opening day for harry potter 6 got pushed from november to mid next year. this left an open spot for another movie to take its place, and twilight got pushed forward a whole month. Sam will be visiting us in november so we are all going to go see twilight!

Alex dimmick got his mission call to somoa and is leaving october 8th. He said the entire Island has a population of about 200,000 which is smaller than orlando. crazy. Alex's mission call made me think of ben. I hope you're doing good man. We miss you.

Hurrican Gustav (currently a level 1) was heading towards florida from what we heard earlier, but we found out today that it is heading west and should miss florida entirely. The website we looked at spotted three more formations off in the atlantic that are potential hurricanes. We'll keep checking up on these so we know what's going on.

4 comments:

Lori said...

Oh Brent, I LOVE the Dimmicks. Did you know that Bishop Dimmick married Lonnie & I? And his wife, Vanita & I share the same bday. She is the neatest person. If you talk to them would you tell them that I said hi. I would love to have her email. Could you do that for your wonderful mother -in-law? :)

Do you get to bring home any extra food? Here in Hanover they give it out to ANYONE at the end of the night from what I heard. Not sure if it's true, but it's what I heard. At least one certain night they do. Wild. LOVE Panera.

Benjamin said...

heh ill be leaving in 4 or 5 months hopefully..i figure why not get it over with asap....we gotta plan out when we're coming up...i have no clue

Unknown said...

Hey Brent, I noticed you want a PS3. I just got mine a few weeks ago and think it's great. Blu-ray movies look absolutely fantastic on it, and if you play regular DVDs on it, it upscales it so they have higher quality picture too. There are some great games for it too, of course.

If you're looking to get one, you should take a look at this Stacker 2 contest going on righ now where you can win one (or a 360, for that matter). All you need to do is design a 6 Hour Power t-shirt (which is pretty simple and fun to do), and if you win you get the system of your choice, a year's supply of 6 Hour Power energy shots (which are great when you need some energy), a copy of the game Rise of the Argonauts, and more. There are less than 250 entrants as of now, so take a look here: http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

By the way, I hope you don't mind me commenting on your blog. I work with 6HP so feel free to send me an e-mail if you have any questions. Let me know if you enter the contest and I'll vote for your design too. Good luck.

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com

diane said...

Hey, Brent. Keep blogging - we love reading them. Did you hear from Matt that he is graduating at the end of Oct. with his Associates degree? Then he is going on one more year for his bachelor's.
What does a ps3 cost - a bargain one??
Take care honey, and keep up the good work. Love, Mom