Sunday, August 10, 2008

leah.

so nothing really has been happening lately, at least nothing that good.

1. Macy's is not what I thought it would be. First of all I thought you made alot more for selling the daily goal. My daily goal is like 1400, and after returns you basically need to sell like 2 grand a day to make any extra money. I talked with a few other girls that are new there as well, and they definetly had the same impression that I had. They were all SOOO excited about this job because they thought they would make bigggg money, which is not the case. I found out over 50 percent of the store associates are in defecit. Which means, each week if you dont m ake your goals, when you do start making over and making extra money, the company takes it. So you still dont make anything extra. So basically I get paid 9 dollars an hour to run my ASS off and kiss rich peoples asses, for no reason.

2. I semi got offered a job at a vet office, as front desk. For the same thing that I make at Macy's but I HAVE A CHAIR TO SIT IN. and i have to kiss nobodys ass, but on rare occasion. I get to be nice, play with puppies, and check people in. And since I am going to school for accounting, front desk experience is good on my resume. The guy that interviewed me was really nice, his wife is the vet and they run a vet hospital. And the other girls that work there seem to be really nice as well.... So on Tuesday I go in to shadow one of the girls from 8-11 and based on that is whether I get the job. Hopefully all goes well, because I am sick of Macys.

3. I can't wait to start school. Basically they are just waiting to process my financial aid because my last name changed, so I had to get a new ss card. But when I try to go in and edit my FAFSA, I cant becauseeee the name that the ss office has on file for me, isn't my married name. So I am just waiting to get my new card, then if all goes well I can start school.

4. Kiki (our cat) has finally started to actually warm up to us and cuddle and do what cats are supposed to do BUT.... Brent was changing the sheets yesterday to put them in the laundry and we realized that he had peed on our new mattress!!!!! Thankfully we have a expensive, liquid resistant mattress cover, so the mattress it self is okay... but still. And then we decided to look under the bed, because he lays there a lot when we are at work. And we found one spot so far :( so we think we have to get rid of him, which is really sad for us. So, today I am going to email the woman that gave him too us and see if she will take him back or find a different home for him. Or I don't know what we will do. Anyways, sad news for us.



Well its life.
loveyou missyou peace angelia

1 comments:

Lori said...

Thanks for the update Angelia. I'm so sorry about Kiki but I am proud of the two of you for making a mature decision. You realize that you cannot have a "problem" cat. I'm just sad because I know how much you love Kiki. Maybe when you get this vet ofc job, you & Brent can go on walks in the evening to get out of the house. I know...sounds boring to you. :)

Sorry Macy's wasn't what you thought it was as far as pay. I hope the vet thing works out or how about the nanny job?

Now, GO TRY THAT JAR THING WE TALKED ABOUT. I PROMISE you will feel better. Don't make me start my psycho-babbling, praise Alla (jk), get on your knees & give thanks, humble yourselves stuff! Don't make me go there. You don't want me going down THAT road DO YOU??? Heaven forbid woman! Ultimately, that is, of course, the road I want the two of you to take. Seeing God in action is one of my favorite things. Just the other day I was having a really BAD moment, & I looked up & yelled, "Lord, would you just show up. Please just show up." Not 5 minutes later, a friend that lives locally but I had not seen in quite a while stopped by with a gift. I was so happy to see her & just went a hugged her. I was so overcome with emotion that I started crying & then realized she was crying too. Neither of us even said why. We were just so happy to be friends that few words were needed. Call it what you will, but her timing was impeccable. More importantly, Heavenly Father knew I would give HIM credit for the blessing of her. He blesses those who give him credit. He blesses the appreciative & I truly believe that. Ok, I'll jump off my soapbox now. Do with it what you will. If you made it to the end of this comment that's a miracle in itself :) Love you guys!