Thursday, August 13, 2009

Catch up take 2.

Obviously I am a horrible blogger since I never update.... ever. But here it goes.

1. Sam is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!! .... I will lay it down for you.
-We all went rafting at Little Gun Powder.
-We got lost in Maryland for the millionth time. ha.
-We went to the Towson Mall.
-We went to the Outlets.
-We went to King of Prussia.
-WE SAW BLINK 182 IN CONCERT!!!!!!!!!

... So basically Brent and I have been having fun with miss sam. But she goes back to school on September 6th, so that is a sad little day.

2. Ironically, Brent is not working at Pizza Hut or Arbys. But instead got a muchhh better paying job at J's at the Village, in downtown Gettysburg. He works as a Prep Cook... and he says he really likes it. He also just bought his college books for this coming semester and spent more than $500 dollars... CRAZY! (especially since they were used books, and he didn't buy the optional books) But we knew it was coming. He has been going on weekend biking trips with his friends Brad and Brice, and having fun. He also is getting his fill of fiction reading, since he knows when school comes around it will be only the non-fun reading. haha. But he is good. He starts school the 31st of August.

3. I have been working at the Lutheran Home now for like 4 weeks, and am done all my training. Sadly enough, I really hate it there. I don't know any of the residents, they aren't really friendly, and I spend 7 hours a day behind a dish machine. It is nothing like the same job I used to work at the Hanover Lutheran Home. Which is gay, but for now, its a job. I just wish I did something more meaningful, because doing this crap that I have to do just makes you feel a bit like your going nowhere. I know I am in school full time, but when you sweat for 7 hours a day in a 4x4 dishroom, doing tasks that mean nothing, its hard to remember where you are headed.

4. I am still a vegetarian! Woooo to me. I have found a lot of great alternatives to meat. The brand my mamaw introduced me to is called Boca Burgers, and they have some fantastic veggie burgers. I also found the brand Veggie Patch that makes soy chicken patties and nuggets, and they taste great. So life is good there.

5. We are adopting another kitty soon. Reason being that we will both be in school allll day long and then go to work at night so its not fair to have an animal you can't spend time with. She needs a friend, so we are going to get a neutered male kitten. Neutered because we don't want marking, male because the vet i used to work for said that males and females mesh better, kitten because i dont want our cat to feel threatened by an older dominate cat. So thats the deal there.

6. When Brandon was in town he won me a carnival gold FISH! We all know I love the animals, so we now have a fish that we have to keep at high places away from our cat, but none the less it is happy, and still alive after a week so far. His name is Nemo, and he has a white stripe.



Wellll I think thats it.
Love, leah and brent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys sound busy and happy! Can't wait to see you sometime...

And I totally LLLLUUUVVVVV your fishies over there >>> to the side! I fed them ;)

Lori said...

Leeeeeeeeeeah,
I was practically in tears after reading these two posts, this one & the latest. Even though you have told me these things, when I read them it seems all the sadder. The 4x4 job part really stinks. It takes extreme determination to keep your eye on the prize (future) when your present has a whole different smell. Thankfully, having Brent to share it all with surely helps to soften the blow of it. You two are some of the most determined young people I know. I know you can do it!!! Some day you will look back on this and laugh. Best part for me is that now when you have these stinky days you are close by and can get some mom time. I like trying to make things better. The sight of your faces still makes me smile all over. Sorry you had a bad day Lele. :)