Monday, June 15, 2009

2 days.

Nothing really done yet today... still pretty early.

Just a few things on my mind. I hate fading away from friends. But i definitely need some new ones. The ones I had, I basically have nothing in common with anymore. Or they just don't call anymore. Or they just have other priorities. And the ones I made here I am leaving. Basically I am back at ground zero in the friend level, and need to start building it back up. I find that Brent has to fill the place of husband/girl friend (gossip buddy). And even though he won't admit it I know he gets a little annoyed with that ha.
And I decided something the other day that I have been thinking about for a long time now. I am going to try to be a vegetarian. As many of you know throughout my posts, I am an absolute animal rights freak and it seems every time lately I eat meat I feel bad. I mean in my mind I hold animals at the same exact place as I do people. I can't wrap my head around anything that endangers there well being or makes there life insignificant. So even though its a challenge, I have actually really started to enjoy vegetables. I know a lot of people just don't understand what I mean, but I really think that this is the right thing. I will still cook normally for Brent but for me, I just can't eat anything that had to be slaughtered to be on my plate. I know with just the taste part of eating meat, it will get challenging, and hopefully I can be successful, it not then I am just a fast food junky... but nevertheless I will give it my best shot.

2 ddaayyysss till home.
Leah.

1 comments:

shell8170 said...

Wow good luck...I agree with you whole hearted but I don't know if I can give up meat! I will see you at the reception :)