Thursday, July 3, 2008

according to brent

well we thought we'd have internet in our apartment but we don't. So, we can't post when or where we'd like to, and that makes it hard to upload pictures. I did see the first lizard yesterday though and have pictures of it. I named the little guy albert. I think it suited him nicely. Also, when we were arriving in florida I saw a lotus (dream sports car). I had to wipe the drool off my chin after I snapped a couple pictures of it.
The last two days we have been extremely busy. We've been unpacking and shopping and unpacking more. Our first shopping trip was three cart fulls at wal-mart. We're already learning about the area (nice areas and areas to stay away from). Yesterday we bought a ton of furniture. We have a dresser, a bed, a loveseat, and a kitchen table and chairs. We also used our target giftcards to get a rug, tv stand, and a couple other things. I had to drive a U-haul to get the stuff to our apartment. That was fun. The thing was massive and impossible to park anywhere.
Today we are applying to jobs and financial aid. We also need to go on another small shopping trip.
We'll try to post again soon with pictures. We are going to need internet soon so we're trying to find an easy (and cheap) way to get it. We miss you guys.
-Brent

4 comments:

Lori said...

The very thought of you driving a big U-Haul practically has me in stitches! Sorry Brent. The image is just sooooo funny just because I know how nervous you would have been about it.

Great job making dinner for my girl! Way to go Brent!

Connie said...

Hey Brent, I would love to have seen you behind the wheel of the U-hall. I hope Leah snapped a picture of you to show us. Sounds like you guys are super busy. Keep Leah in line. LOve you guys, Grammy

Julie said...

I love, Love, LOVE that you guys have a blog. It's so fun to be able to get online and read your latest post. I don't get to talk to you guys much, which is a bummer, so it's great to be able to get a quick update on your new life whenever I have a free moment!! I'm loving your posts, keep them coming!

Benjamin said...

what the crap?

wheres my picture?

i feel extremely left out