Sunday, July 13, 2008

leah says....

k well I had my final interview with Macy's on Saturday, and I GOT THE JOB. I start full time Tuesday, I have orientation from 9-3 that day, then I train on registers for 2 days. They say you should be ready to go on the floor on Friday. But they don't expect you to start the comission sales for 2 weeks which is a relief. And this job is full time, and when I told them about my college classes they were fine with it. If financial aid goes as planned I will be going to school Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday nights. Its only part time, but with us being out of state residents, they are charging us 270 dollars per credit hour, and each classes is usually 3 credits. So thats like 900 dollars a class. For instate, its 75 per hour, so its like 1/3 of the cost after this year of being out of state. We will go full time as soon as we are considered in state, so next summer. And they wont consider us as independents, so we are basically getting the money of a dependent child, and you cant live on that. sooo... thats the deal with school. BRENT GOT HIS HAIRCUT AND HE LOOKS LIKE SUCH A HOTTIE :) haha... but really he looks adorable. Yesterday we went to beach, then i had my interview, then we went out since I got a job. We went to see the movie Wanted, which was this action movie.....but it was an awesome movie. So today we went to the beach, but it rained so we left, then we went shopping for me to get a suit and I found 2 of the most perfect suits, 1 was a pants suit(usually I cant get pants suits because they are too long, and they look like clown pants) but these fit perfect, then a skirt suit, one had a long sleeved jacket and one had a short sleeved jacket, so I can mix and match. And they were both only $20 dollars each at ROSS discount store(they have one in York too, you ladies/men should go there to shop, because everything is cheap and amazing). Anyways, we are at the library now and I have some things to do, so I will go. leave comments people.
loveyou missyou
p-e-a-c-e...angelia

8 comments:

Dottie said...

Congratulations Leah! I knew you would get the job, and I know you will be great at it!

Lori said...

That's my girl. Way to go Leah! Sell, sell, sell.

Awesome about the haircut too! Brent, you look adorable no matter what kind of haircut you have. Job security buddy, job security. Hate to say it, but when it comes to this one, it's better to go on the safe side.

miss you guys! mom & dad

Connie said...

Hi Guys, Congrats on getting the job Leah. I am very proud of you, I knew you could do it. Can't wait to see Brent with a haircut. I'm counting the weeks until I can count the days. L9ve you both and miss you bunches. Love, Grammy and Pappy

Anonymous said...

YAYAYAY!!! I'm so happy you got the Macy's job! Way to go!

How fun to have a Florida beach so close. You guys are L U C K Y!!!

sam said...

thats awesome about the job...and i know you will do well because ur totally convincing and will talk people into buying everything in sight :)....and im so sorry brent you prolly feel totally naked but if leahs says its good then im sure it looks fine...LOVE YOU GUYS

sam said...

thats awesome about the job...and i know you will do well because ur totally convincing and will talk people into buying everything in sight :)....and im so sorry brent you prolly feel totally naked but if leahs says its good then im sure it looks fine...LOVE YOU GUYS

sam said...

thats awesome about the job...and i know you will do well because ur totally convincing and will talk people into buying everything in sight :)....and im so sorry brent you prolly feel totally naked but if leahs says its good then im sure it looks fine...LOVE YOU GUYS

sam said...

HA HA...my bad i thought it wasn't working :)