Saturday, July 12, 2008

every time I log on I plan on leaving a small post but then this happens-

theres not much to update you guys on. Leah and I still aren't positive if either of us have landed the jobs. Leah is at her third and final interview at macy's right now though so my fingers are crossed. The weather has been amazing the past few days, but a thunderstorm is rolling in as im typing. I'm seriously disappointed about the whole alligator thing. I got my first decent night of sleep last night. I think I might warm up to our new bed after all. Since we don't have cable tv I grabbed a random book off of the shelf at target for cheap. It was an author I've never heard of, but it actually is pretty decent writing. Most of our time is still being soaked up by the beach, job interviews, grocery store trips, clothing store trips (for leahs potential job), paperwork for school, bills, mail, getting wedding business in order and things of that nature. Most importantly the beach though. Leah has been complaining much lately about the fact that my back is super tan and my chest and stomach look the the creme on an oreo cookie. So today we went to the beach while the sun was strong and I laid out while I continued to read my new book.

I'm really glad everybody enjoys reading the blog. Connie, your comments are hilarious, mostly about convincing sam that alligators are big lizards. Ha. And we can't wait to show you and Brad the nice beaches down here. Lori and Mom, I've been contemplating cutting my hair, but so far it didn't seem like a big deal at PGA. I probably will cut it though. Ben, I think I'm about to stop checking your blog everytime I get on the computer. And what's this about trek? were you there all three days? Congrats on the Eagle Scout. Go get a job that's better than everybody elses now :). Sam, keep us updated on your plans and whats going on in lebanon. Whats going on with your internet?

Hopefully next time we update one of us will assure you we have a job. till then, leave comments...

-brent

4 comments:

Dottie said...

You don't know me, but I know your family and Leah! I am glad to hear married life seems to suit you, even out that tan! I hope by the time you check out this comment you both have jobs! Good luck!

Lori said...

Congrats LEAH on landing your job at Macys!! You are going to like it & in DRESSES...Our fave! I knew you could do it!

Thanks for thinking about the haircut Brent. Seriously, it never hurts to look clean cut for a job unless you're working at Spencers! PLEASE don't go there. LOL!

Anonymous said...

Brent...why do you need a job now?!?! Leah got hers so just...you know...pretend you're looking but just go to the beach instead. Or the Library (that's where I'd go).

Just Kidding Leah! I hope you find something great Brent! I know you will!

sam said...

ok so as you know i have the internet back...yay! and i totally agree with maren the idea sounds fabulous! and you need to keep me updated on your new books because i cant seem to find any new good ones...and i dont know how convinced connie that alligators are really big lizards i will freak out either way...and have you ever seen ace ventura when nature calls because there is a really funny part where he wrestles an alligator in the water...and that is what i picture you doin...HA