Tuesday, July 8, 2008

random thoughts of brent

hmmm.... its tuesday and leah is at her second job interview at macy's. I just got back from walking around the nearest shopping center applying for jobs, but I haven't had any luck. I walked into a deli, pharmacy, pizza shop, meat store, nice bar and restaurant, and I think one more place. None of them were hiring! pshhh what a load of dung.
I did apply to target, home depot, and the gap yesterday though so I need to give them 24 hours for the applications to go through then I can call them. I got out my skateboard today but there isn't much of an area to skateboard here. That's nothing new though. I've been having a lot of fun with being married and especially seeing people's reactions to me and leah as a couple. Today I walked into the computer lab and the woman on duty asked to see my ID because you have to be 18 to get on the computers. She was being a bit of a jerk so I asked her if there was a problem. She said no but made me sign in on some roster (that I've never seen any other time I've gotten on the computers). I signed in and she noticed my ring and got all embarrassed.
HAAA!! stupid woman. She really was being a jerk.
We still haven't seen any alligators, but we're keeping a lookout. We're really excited that so many of you guys are planning trips to come see us.

-Brent

oh ps. Ben you need to post more often on your blog. it's pretty disappointing. :(

3 comments:

Lori said...

Your posts are hilarious Brent. Love the wedding ring story. You will find a job. Try not to be discouraged. Employers can smell that a million miles away. You would be a great asset to anyone. Be enthusiastic. It REALLY helps.

Tip from Dad on the mattress: try flipping it over & jumping up & down on it (he's not kidding). :) Sometimes that helps till you can get a new one. Buying a used mattress is a real gamble. You just never know what you're going to get.

Hugs & miss you both!
Mom & Dad

sam said...

ew she was a stupid women...and i really hope you dont run in to any alligators because that just doesnt sound very fun and when i come to visit you guys if i see an alligator all of florida would most likely hear about it...

Connie said...

Brent, If Sam sees and alligator tell her it is just a big lizard. Ha Ha. Love you both, Granny