Friday, July 25, 2008

McPanera

Today was my third day at Panera Bread. This first week they scheduled me only about 20 hours so after I got my schedule I had to confirm that I was a full time employee. Patty (boss) said "yes, I am trying to have you as full time." I don't know exactly how to interpret this but if im not scheduled full time hours next week then Ill be applying to another 100+ places. Also, since I know I can't afford to work part time and because panera was short staffed everyday i've been there so far, I took it upon myself to add an extra 2 and half hours to my schedule the first day, an hour and a half my second day, and an hour today. While at work, I've discovered that panera bread is nothing but glorified fast-food. They don't have much going for their employees when it comes to benefits either. I get a 50% discount but only within a half hour of the time I was clocked in at the store location that I worked. dumb.

It's great to hear from the Garcia's! We miss you guys too. I was bummed that we couldn't see you guys before either of us left town, but I hope you guys are doing well and like Colorado.

As leah will probably post, we are scheduled to officially adopt our cat KiKi on tuesday. We're both excited.

-Brent

3 comments:

Lori said...

Way to assert yourself Brent! Good job. I know things will work out for you two.

Benjamin said...

id be out of there too if they werent putting me on 40 hours...hopefully it works out for you

diane said...

Hang in there, Brent, I know you will figure it out and do the best thing. Sometimes it does take patience!

We miss you, two - hope to have a good conversation with you soon.