Tuesday, July 15, 2008

books, movies, and jobs (in order of importance)

I finally got a membership to the library here! woot. so I checked out two books yesterday because the one I got at target turned out to be terrible. Why can't everybody write like Stephenie Meyer or JK Rowling? The fourth and final book of the twilight series comes out early in August and I can't wait to get it. My mom is trying to mail out my skimboard so im excited to get it. Tons of people down here skimboard so maybe ill end up meeting some cool people that way. The other night me and leah walked by the movie theatres when we were together and leah decided that she wanted to go see sex and the city. I really did not want to go see it, but I think I would have if she couldn't compromise to a more gender neutral (ha) movie. So at about the time I was giving in and getting ready to get the tickets she says that she is going to go see it but that she is going to get me a ticket to a different movie. She put her foot down and absolutely wouldn't let me go into the theatre with her. WEIRD. so she ended up seeing her movie while I watched the incredible hulk. I'm still a little confused about it.
Today was the first day in a while that we haven't gone to the beach. The weather was actually less than perfect so we settled with a quick trip to the pool that is across the street from our apartment. I'm nervous about the pga job. I really want it, and Ill be angry if i cut my hair for nothing. Tomorrow is supposed to be my last interview for the job. I'll let everyone know what happens as soon as I find out myself.
-brent

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brent, I love the library! Oh my gosh, I could get lost in there forever! I agree..there are just some great authors out there and some not-so-great. I can't remember how the third book in the twilight series went, or ended, so I may have to reread it before the 4th comes out!

I think (could be wrong, but this was my thought) Leah wanted to compromise with the movies...she really wanted her girly flick and she thought it would be nice if you got to see something you would really like. Anyway, that's all I think it was...just her being nice!

Lori said...

You're a lucky man Brent. Do you know how many men get drug to chick flicks & HATE IT! I thought that was funny that she went to one & that you went to another. A little personal space is a good thing. Leah needs that sometimes. Everyone does though. You get yours at the library which isn't her favorite place. I'm right there with ya though. LOVE THE LIBRARY & the bookstore!!!!!!!!!

diane said...

Brent - I am glad you love the library. There are millions of great authors, so I hope you will have fun discovering more of them. Get some recommendations from the librarian and from the best seller lists in the newspaper.
That was sweet of Leah to insist you see one that you liked, but I agree it seems a little weird when you are sitting in the theater by yourself and so is she!!
I am so hoping you get the pga job! Good luck and let us know right away.

sam said...

the library is one of my favorite places but i can never find good authors either so im getting ready for the final twilight by rereading the series and im also super excited for the movie coming out in december and i have high hopes for it so it better be good, ill have to come down so we can all see it together and it is a requirement that we have to go to the midnight showing and dress up as vampires because i am definetly not above that...

Benjamin said...

hah...leah be nice...pssht...shes gonna use it against you...you just wait...heh

yeah dude i need to pick it up with the twilight series, im only on page 50 of the second. the sad thing is i gave sam the first one and in the time it took me to read 30 pages of the second she was done the first.

my parents are out of town now too, good thing i work third shift. im actually calling off tonight to see the new batman movie with chad and some of his friends. it looks amazing!

Connie said...

Hi Guys, I was so excited to hear that you are sending me pictures. It is always nice t get a call from you and I am slowly getting better at not getting upset when I talk to you. I won't talk about what happens when I hang up. Ha,ha. Still miss you lots and lots but am glad you are doing okay. Enjoy these lazy days, because when you both have full time jobs and are taking classes reality will hit you like an iron skillet. But you will always have fun healing each others bumps. Love you much, Grammy

Gwenda said...

Hey Brent, try Poison, (a book :))
its pretty good and Garth Nix is a good author, might be a little kiddy for u, but whatever. Glad to see u guys r having fun! Twilight is definately a must see, although im dissapointed with the casting. well, bye.
kassie