Saturday, July 19, 2008

say leah

leah didnt get any comments. but she will post anyways. I FOUND THE CAT I WANT(regardless to everybodys ridiculous comments).... its a cat. her name is boo boo, and i am going to buy her once me and brent are on our feet. she looks beautiful. i saw her on this animal rescue website and she is house trained, i love boo boo. AND BRENT GOT A JOB. we think... he will tell you more about him. but congrats to him, he worked VERY hard to get it. seriously. he was more determined more than ever and it happened for him. he starts monday as he will probrably tell you. anywho. i finished the book that i started reading, it was called Waking Brigid, it was a reallllyyy good book. Then I remember seeing that woman on Oprah, that escaped that polygamy cult in Arizona, and I really wanted to read her book and see how those people lived. Because I have never been able to wrap my head around how crazy that whole modern day polygamy thing must be, but the book is nuts. Everything those women went through must have been so hard, and they are all so brainwashed. You should all read it, its about this excommunicating Mormon group, the FLDS. The women cant drive, have money, they cant own books, they cant leave their house without their husband, they cant eat sweets, and they are required to be married by 20 or they are an OLD MAID. Its all just crazy to see how these people live, so if you are up for some discoveries, I would read it. Its called Escape with Laura Palmer. Anywho, yesterday Brent and I pretty much did job searching for him, then we went to the pool at night and watched the movie 10,000B.C., which is an awesome movie. And then we read for like 2 hours and went to bed. Today we went job searching in the morning(where Brent found this job YAY!!!) and then we went to the beach. It was really nice outside today, and Brent got his skimboard in that his mom shipped to him so he was excited. So anywho, got some stuff to do. And my family is at the beach without us which makes me sad. My dad sent me a text message last night and said Leah I need you help packing the car, and I bawled for like ever (which is monumental because me and my dad dont cry) and we didnt always get along but packing cars was something of our expertice :) It made me realize how much I miss him, and his jokes. I hope he reads this when he gets back from the beach. But I miss him more than anyone, that goofy man holds a very special place in my heart. sooo....
missyou loveyou
peace....angelia.

5 comments:

Benjamin said...

pahh you both write wayyy tooo much. thanks for making me read more than i already do. heh. grats to brent for the job. good luck with the healthy food thing. hah.

sam said...

so i just want to let you know the pictures are being developed and you can consider them in the mail cause i want my wedding pictures :) thats awesome that brent got a job and i am completely falling off my chair at the fact that you are recommending a book ha! i love you sooo much and decided that when my parents are dropping me off for college i am going to accidentally stumble onto the wrong plane and just happen to end up in florida no one will ever know!

Connie said...

Hi Guys, Just a note to let you know that I am thinking about you. I kept T.J. last night, all night. That is the first time Amy has let him be away all night. He was super good for us and we enjoyed him being here with us. Amy and Matt went out to celebrate her bithday. I did not get your pics yet and am really looking forward to seeing them. If they don't come by Mon. I guess we have to wait until we get back from the shore to see them. Bummer. I did have the mail held though,because I was afraid it might rain and ruin them if they were left out in the mail box. Sure going to miss you guys smiling faces at the shore. Love you guys Lots and lots and lots. Grammy & Pappy

Jeannie said...

Ok Leah...I just read a similiar book about the FLDS called "Stolen Innocence" by Elissa Wall. Very interesting subject....however I am careful not to judge as there are many people in this world that believe that mormons are brainwashed as well....and some that all religions do that. I have serious problems with this lifestyle for those who dont want it....there arent a lot of choices for them. However we do subscribe to religous freedom for those who do believe they are doing God's will. Whether or not we agree....think of the time of Joseph Smith and the persecution of Haun's Mill. These Mormons were raped, killed, homes burned because those around them disagreed with their religion.

Jeannie

Lori said...

Dad just read your post Leah & all I can say is "the eyes teared up" but don't expect him to admit it. We love & miss you both.