Thursday, July 17, 2008

READ ME

Leah makes fun of me for reading so much and now guess who I got to open a book! whoa. I almost feel bad though that we don't have anything else to occupy ourselves with that its come to Leah reading. I'm sorry sweetie. :(.
For prospective bad news, I called pga today to line up my last interview, and Juliana (would be boss) said that the schedule changed slightly giving her 6 more interviews today. she said the callbacks would be tomorrow. So I'll wait again tomorrow and probably give them a call in the evening. When I hung up I was slightly discouraged so we (leah is so helpful) applied to about 5 more places. My hopes are still up for the pga position because I really think there is no comparison between valeting at PGA National Golf Club and Resort vs. being a cashier at blockbuster.
Ben had to bring up the fact that the Batman sequel comes out tonight. Thanks ben. I want to see this movie so badly. So let me know how it is.
Reply to Sam's comment: We definitely are going to go see twilight and dress up like vampires. This movie might be higher up on my list than even batman. We might have a hard time persuading Leah though because even though she started reading one book she still laughed at me when I suggested she try reading twilight. Why does a vampire teen romance novel sound so dumb? that's retoracle. don't answer it.
We met one of our neighbors today when she was walking her two dogs. She confirmed leah's assumption that it was easy to get away with having pets without paying the pet deposit. Everyday I hear more reasons from leah why we should have either a cat or a dog, but I'm still against the idea until we have steady jobs and schedules, and till we have our lives a little more under control.
Leah and I agree that we miss her siblings a ton. I already knew what it was like to be seperated from siblings. It was surprisingly hard when Chris, Julie, and Matt all left the house so I know leah must miss her brothers and sister being around all the time. I know it's really hard for parents too. I hope you guys are all doing well. We love and miss you.

-Brent


ps. oh no! Leah is searching for pets on her computer right now. Help.

6 comments:

Julie said...

haha Brenty, you crack me up. Sorry Leah, but I agree that you guys should wait at least until you have steady jobs and some money to get a pet. I understand why you would want one though. As soon as I have my own place someday, I'm getting myself a puppy. And Leah, I know that Twilight sounds like it should be a ridiculous book, but I SWEAR to you, it is SO good. I convinced 4 of my friends to start reading it, and they all got hooked, and then I even somehow convinced Brent to read it, and he got hooked! (I still don't know how I got him to read a book about vampire romance... he surprises me sometimes!) Anyway, you really should give them a try. I reread Twilight for the 6th or 7th time on Sunday... it's just so dang good. Wow this comment has gotten huge... how did that happen? I love you and miss you both!!!!!

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

It would probably give Josh comfort to know how much his sister misses him. He cried himself to sleep last night & went to sleep holding the pic of the two of you. First thing this morning he walked in my room carrying the pic again. I said, "Josh, do you want me to get a frame for it buddy?" "No, I couldn't carry it with me then." :( I said, "I'm sorry you missed your sister so much." He then just pointed at each of you in the pic. Brent, you're like the big brother he never had. You have NO idea how much he looks up to you. Yikes, I'm crying as I write this :( I was the big sister, the one that left everyone else, the one that left first. My sister & I must not have been that close at the time because I don't remember my mom ever saying that Amy missed me. Now that we're adults our relationship is golden to me. I all but worship the ground she walks on. I want to be her when I grow up :)

Anyway, Brent forget the calling of the golf course tomorrow bud, GO IN! Make yourself known, continue to speak to whoever you need to speak to till you get the right person. Don't wait for this opportunity. Make it happen. You need to sell THEM on why you are the MAN for this job. And Brent, you are.

No pets till you guys have jobs Leah. Your little pet could spend a lot of time alone. Is that what you really want for your first pet? Honestly, having pets Leah is JUST like having kids. They need you.

ANd lastly on this ridiculously LONG comment, WOOHOO Leah has arrived. Her grandfather (my dad) is jumping up & down in Heaven. He was an avid reader. When he was out of books he resorted to reading the encyclopedias that we had. My sister & I LOVE to read. Awesome Leah! Guys, seriously, reading is 100 times better that any stupid tv show.

LOVE YOU BOTH TONS!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Short and Sweet:

Leah...Yay on reading!

Twilight...there's just something so enticing about vampires ;)

NO on pets now...I agree with your mom...they're just like kids and require more than just food and water.

Brent...still crossing my fingers for PGA!

sam said...

seriously you guys moving to florida has been very hard for me you guys are my best friends ever! i know we went for months without seeing each other but i always knew you were only 2 hours away (my driving an hour) so this is killing me! i wanna come down for like every holiday but we are gunna have to vote on the best one just in case:) and i think that a vampire teen romance novel sounds FABULOUS!!!!

diane said...

You realize of course that now i must read this seemingly ridiculous book that I am hearing about. Now we just have to get Dad hooked!!

About the pet thing - wow, I know I miss tigger, but pets are so much work and they are often getting into trouble. They ruin carpet, furniture, curtains, clothing --- so you have to be prepared for it. Plus they are hughly expensive - shots, illnes, just like kids!!

Brent - you are the man for the job!! Just convince them!! Good luck, honey!!