Thursday, July 10, 2008

tofu

Yesterday when Leah was at the library she found out that the valet position was open again for PGA national golf club. So this morning I went over filled out an application and asked for an interview. The first interview went well so the woman scheduled another interview for the afternoon.
In between interviews I had to take my placement test at pbcc since I'm a freshman. That was fun. not really. But when I was done, Leah picked me up and we went back to the apartment to eat lunch. she also bought me some cheap dress shoes so that I would look decently professional. I had to take out my ear rings because the first woman to interview me said their male employees can't have peircings (whatever). So I drove back to PGA and had 3 mini interviews with different people. All the interviews went well, but I still need one more interview before they can officially hire me. That interview will probably be next wednesday. The job sounds pretty amazing during the winter because my would be boss said that she has seen some valet attendants walk out in a single night with over $300. Thats during the in season though. Currently she said business is pretty slow and some of the guys are leaving at the end of the day with only a few dollars in their pockets. I don't know whether I should take the job or not. It will depend on whether leah gets the job at macy's and also how my interview at lowes goes tomorrow.
Leah and I almost died when we found out that the school won't let us resubmit papers for financial aid now that we are married. We have to wait a year to resubmit so we are screwed for this semester. I think that I'll have to go part time this semester and then transfer to a nearby university next semester so I can change my financial aid status. We're worried, but we'll figure it all out.
People skimboard here a lot more than they do in Maryland so I can't wait to get my board shipped down. Im also really surprised at how different the beaches are here. the waves move like you're in an enormous wave pool. The water is so clear that I have to taste it everytime to know that its not spring water. There are tons of surfers down here, and there is fishing off the piers at the same areas that people are swimming and boogie boarding (that kinda scares me).
-brent

3 comments:

diane said...

Wow, what a bummer about the school financing. The news in general isn't the best with regard to loan companies - keep us posted with what you find out.

Maybe you can take the job until you learn more about how busy they are this time of year, and maybe add another part-time job with it until they get really busy.

Good luck!!

Lori said...

I love reading your posts Brent. They make me laugh every time. I know you will get a job. I hate to bring this up, but maybe your mom was right, just maybe you should get your hair cut just a little bit, just a tiny bit, just a teeny tiny bit, IF that's what the other employees at the golf course look like. If the guys have your same kind of cool hair (I love your hair, but unfortunately some jobs don't :( ) then don't worry about it. When you said you had to take out your earring that was a "appearance" red flag to me. Check the other guys out if you have a chance before your next interviews. Just my two cents but if it helps you get a job it might be worth it. Sorry if I sound like a nagging mother-in-law. I'm just looking out for my children :) I decided I didn't lose a daughter, I gained a son, & it's a son I'm happy to have. Love you guys! Mom

sam said...

your just way to cool brent...thats what i concluded